Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sarah


Unfortunately, my dog passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was a spoodle named Sarah and we'd had her for 13 years. She was the sweetest, most placid, loving dog you were ever likely to meet, so naturally she's sorely missed.

Anyone who's ever had a pet like this will know that really, they're not just pets, they're much more members of the family, or even friends. Someone to sit by you while you struggle through hours of study, to make you feel safe when you're home alone at night (even though Sarah was the worst guard dog imaginable!), to cock their heads and provide an ear to listen, even though they have no idea what you're saying. And they're always so very, very happy to see you.

I still can't get used to Sarah not being at the back door, tail wagging, eagerly greeting us when we get home, and my heart goes out to anyone who's ever lost a pet as precious as her. Hugs all round. 

Miss you Sarah-bear.

2 comments:

  1. We had to put my dog down in October and it was by far one of the saddest days of my life. I still miss her like crazy. When she passed I read a quote that said, "Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really."

    Your dog was precious! Only dog people really understand. My condolences.

    Fellow dog lover,
    Britnee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britnee, your comment really means a lot. That quote is so sweet and true, and it's nice to know there are other dog lovers out there who understand.
    My heart goes out to you for your loss as well.
    Cath :)

    ReplyDelete